Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Writing Craft: POV

Not too long ago, I did a post about POV: Swat that Fly! so I thought it only beneficial to share a great craft book...


Rivet Your Readers With Deep Point of View
by Jill Elizabeth Nelson

This is a short and highly valuable reference book for anyone having issues with the POV in their stories, and, to be honest, for authors in general. 

Ms. Nelson gives easy to understand guidance on deepening POV and includes a few worksheet pages for practice, and her multitude of examples point out the various aspects you want to watch for in your own writing.
 
You can find this great reference book at Amazon

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am definitely going to check it out! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now put POV on the corner of every page to make sure I stay focused. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eilidh recommended this during edits of my MS we're currently working on, and wow, did it ever change the way I look at writing. A great resource that really did help improve my storytelling and making a connection with my characters. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Melissa! Eilidh is actually where I heard about the book too LOL.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Great, Donna. It really is a good reference for any author.

      Delete