Maple Seed Awards
2014-2015 Maple Seed Awards
The purpose of the Maple Seed Awards is to inspire and reward writers of romance fiction.
• Participation is open to all Romance Writers (published and unpublished).
• All work must be the writer’s original work that has not been contracted for publication.
• Entries are to be the first three chapters.
• Open to all romance categories, including erotic, but not erotica.
• Email entries only.
• Multiple entries are accepted, but each entry must have a separate entry form.
• All entrants must request and complete a Maple Seed Entry Form.
No entry fee required for Trans Canada Romance Writers’ members.
$20.00 for non-TransCRW members.
Contest Opens: November 01, 2014
Contact Michelle Carter for a Maple Seed Entry Form: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry of Chapters:
• Chapters must be professionally presented, double spaced, one inch margins, Times Roman font, and size 12.
• The writer’s name must not appear anywhere on the document.
• Entry title must be included in the header.
• Word Document (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) or PDF file saved as ‘MapleSeedContest.YourName.Title’.
• Email the completed Maple Seed Entry Form and your entry to Michelle Carter at: email@example.com with ‘MapleSeedContest.YourName.Title’ as the subject.
Entry Deadline: January 04, 2015
Failure to comply with the entry rules will disqualify the entry.
First Round will be judged and scored by five romance readers. The top three finalists will be chosen and advance to the final round.
First Round Judging Deadline: February 06, 2015.
The top three finalists will be announced and notified by February 09, 2015.
Second Round will be judged by a publisher. The guest publisher will select a winner from the three finalists.
Second Round Judging Deadline: February 23, 2015
Maple Seed Awards results announced on all Trans Canada Romance Writers social media sites and winner notified, by February 27, 2015
Maple Seed Awards
First place winner will receive the Maple Seed Award Medal, Maple Seed Award Certificate, and their three chapters edited by a professional editor.
Second and Third place winners will receive Maple Seed Award Certificates.
For questions and to receive a Maple Seed Entry Form contact: Michelle Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plant the ‘seed’ of your story with your first three chapters!